- Bristol manufactures high pigment colours with a super matt finish. Bristol matt paints are not water resistant and tend to be slightly chalky and can mark easily unless protected with a Bristol water based lacquer or binder.
- Bristol paints are not technically for exterior use, however many customers have had successful results when applied with the appropriate primes, undercoats and lacquers. See lacquers data for more information. The high pigment colours will in time show signs of fading if exposed to the effects of direct sunlight (UV) exposure.
- A lacquer can be applied for added durabilty. Please note this will tend to slightly darken the original colour and most Bristol lacquers will not protect the paint from sun and UV light.
- Ensure surface to be painted is sound, clean and degreased
- Treat new plaster and filled areas with stabilising solution
- Apply an appropriate Bristol compatible undercoat / primer to new work with an appropriate matt white
- All Bristol colours can be diluted with water and intermixed within the same pallette range.
- Application by brush, roller, conventional or HVLP spray method.
- Further durability is achieved by addition of one of a range of specific water based lacquers and coatings
- Drying Time: Surface will usually be touch dry within 1 hour, complete bonding process will take approx. 2 days at 20C and 50% humidity
- Re-Coat: After 1-2 hours
- Coverage: Approx. 8-10m2 per litre (depending on porosity of substrate)
- Adhesion: excellent on most sound, well prepared, undercoated and/or primed surfaces